Welcome to Colibri! In this article you’ll find everything you need to know to get up and running with Colibri for Sales.
First things first! To use Colibri for Sales, you need a paid Zoom account.
If you don’t have access to Colibri for Sales yet, you can request free trial by filling out this form.
Table of contents
1. Get started
- If you received an invite to join your team in Colibri, just follow the link in your invite email.
Otherwise, go to the Colibri sign-up page found here.
- Sign up with your work email address. If your team uses Google Workspace, sign up with your Google account.
- Done. Welcome to Colibri! ?
Now it’s time to install the Colibri app for Zoom
The Colibri app for Zoom ensures that your sales conversations are more focused and productive.
Here is what you can do with the Colibri app for Zoom:
- Record and transcribe your conversations in real time.
- Highlight key moments as you speak.
- See live cue cards and monologue alerts next to your Zoom video.
- Access call templates right in Zoom.
How to add the Colibri app to Zoom:
- Go to the Colibri page in the Zoom App Marketplace.
- Click ‘Sign in to add’ and sign in to your work Zoom account.
- Click ‘Visit site to add’.
- Click ‘Allow’ to complete the installation.
- ❗Important: Go to the Zoom settings and switch on the toggle for ‘Allow live streaming meetings’. Then check the box next to ‘Custom live streaming service’ and click ‘Save’.
Tip: You can set up Colibri to automatically start recording all Zoom meetings you host | Instructions here
Now you are ready to record your first Zoom meeting with Colibri
- Start a meeting in Zoom.
- Click on the Apps tab in the meeting toolbar.
- Open the Colibri app.
- If you want to record video, switch on the toggle next to ‘Record video’.
- Click ‘Start transcription’.
- All meeting participants will be notified that the meeting is being livestreamed. Click ‘Got it’ to continue.
Colibri needs access to the livestream of your meeting to transcribe the conversation in real time and help you navigate through tricky moments with live cue cards.
- You can highlight important moments of the meeting by clicking the Highlight button at the bottom of the app screen.
- Watch out for monologue alerts. Colibri helps you maintain an optimal talk-to-listen ratio by alerting you when you have been talking for 2 minutes.
When the meeting ends, you’ll see it in your meeting library.
Let’s review your meeting
When you are not on call, you can use Colibri right in the Zoom desktop client or in the browser.
You can find all your recorded meetings on the Meetings page; we also call it a meeting library ?. Choose a meeting you want to review and click to open it.
On the meeting page, you can find the following features to help you navigate through content and quickly access key moments from the conversation:
- Key points:
- Go to the Highlights tab to review all the moments you highlighted during the meeting.
- Go to the Questions tab to review all questions asked by the other party (prospect or client).
- Open the Topics tab to go through important moments detected by Colibri’s AI, such as competitor mentions, objections, and pricing. (We’ll explain how to start tracking Topics important to your business in the next part of this guide).
- Interactive transcript: Click anywhere in the transcript to start listening.
- Custom playback speed: Save time by listening to the recording at 1.5x or 2x speed.
- Meeting agenda: Click on the agenda item you are interested in to jump to that spot in the transcript.
- Search: You can search for keywords and phrases in the call transcript.
You can also share a meeting recording with teammates (even with the people who don’t use Colibri yet) via a unique URL, allowing them to see what has happened on a call.
How to share your meeting:
- Click the ‘Share’ button in the upper-right corner
- Click ‘Copy’ to copy the link
- Paste your link in Slack, an email, or anywhere else.
2. Level up
Create meeting templates
A meeting template is a checklist for sales reps to follow during conversations with potential customers. The purpose of a meeting template is to ensure that sales reps mention all key selling points and ask the right questions to collect all necessary information for deal progression.
You can create a template for each stage of your deal cycle to help reps follow your sales process.
How to create a meeting template:
Note: You need to be an admin to create meeting template.
- Go to the Agendas page and click ‘New template’.
- Give your template a name (e.g. ‘Discovery call’).
- You can add a description (e.g. explain what the template should be used for).
- Add checklist items (e.g. a list of discovery questions).
- Click ‘Create’.
Done! The template you’ve created is now available to all team members. During a meeting, you can open the template you need right from the Zoom app.
When you mention an item from the selected template, Colibri will hear it and automatically check it off.
❗Important: When designing meeting templates, keep in mind that Colibri’s AI can recognize checklist items in your speech only when you mention them exactly as written.
After the meeting, you can find completed and not completed checklist items next to the meeting transcript. Click on an item you are interested in to jump to the part of the meeting where it was discussed.
Colibri also provides script adherence analytics, so you can see if your reps follow prescribed talk tracks during meetings.
Define topics you want to track
Topics are themes important to your business that you want to track in your sales conversations. For example, a competitor or product name can be a topic.
A topic can contain several keywords or phrases. Colibri automatically detects when these keywords or phrases come up in sales conversations and tags these moments.
How to add a topic:
Note: You need to be an admin to add and manage topics
- Go to the Topics page and click ‘Add a topic’.
- Give your topic a name.
- Choose a topic category. For example, you can add one of your competitors to the Competitors category.
- Enter a few keywords or phrases related to this topic. For example, if your competitor is Hewlett Packard, you may want to add the following keywords: ‘Hewlett Packard’ and ‘HP’.
- Click ‘Save’.
After the meeting, topics appear as tags in your transcript. You can also review all topics detected in the conversation by going to the Topics tab.
Create cue cards
Cue cards are bite-sized pieces of information that show up when specific keywords or phrases are mentioned during a conversation. With live cue cards, reps know what to say when a customer asks a challenging question or mentions a competitor.
Cue card content must be optimized for real-time usage. Team up with your sales enablement team to create concise easy-to-digest content for competitive battlecards, objection handling, product details, and more.
How to create a new cue card:
Note: You need to be an admin to add and manage cue cards
- Cue cards are tied to Topics. To create a cue card, go to the Topics page.
- Pick an existing topic that will trigger the cue card or create a new one.
- Switch on the toggle next to ‘Show a cue card during meetings’.
- Enter and format cue card content.
- Once you have double-checked that everything looks the way you want, switch on the toggle next to ‘Publish the cue card’ and click ‘Save’.
That’s it! Now, when someone mentions the topic during a meeting, Colibri will surface the cue card next to your meeting video.
Note: If you don’t want to publish the cue card yet, you can save it as a draft. Switch off the toggle next to ‘Publish the cue card’ so that the cue card doesn’t appear in meetings.
3. Create a team in Colibri
In Colibri, a team is a group of users that have a shared workspace and are billed together.
There are two user roles in a team: Admins and Members.
- Members are usually sales reps, account executives, and customer success managers. They can use all Colibri features and sales enablement content, such as cue cards and meeting templates, but can’t add or edit them.
- Admins are usually sales leaders, product marketers, or people who are responsible for sales enablement within a company. They have access to all conversations recorded by the team and can search the team library.
Admins are essential for your team's success. They are responsible for creating and managing topics and other sales enablement content, such as cue cards and meeting templates.
Choose Admins who can serve as points of contact for Colibri CSM and who communicate regularly with the team using Colibri at your company.
How to create a team in Colibri:
Contact us at email@example.com and we’ll help you create and manage your team in Colibri.
4. Track team performance
To access team performance analytics go to the Analytics page.
What metrics are available:
- Total number of meetings (meetings in which a meeting template was used)
See who uses meeting templates and how often.
- Script adherence
See if your team follows your meeting templates.
- Talk ratio
See who needs to improve their listening skills.
- Longest monologue
See who fails to keep prospects engaged during the call and turns the conversation into a long monologue instead.
Share your feedback
We’re trying to learn as much as possible from each person’s experience, so please send us your questions, request new features, and report bugs to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d be happy to hear from you.
The Colibri Team
Have more questions? Contact us at email@example.com.