Get a live transcription of your online meetings, virtual events, streaming audio broadcasts, video from YouTube, or any other sound played by your computer.
Supported devices: Desktop & laptop computers (mobile devices are not supported)
Operating systems: Windows
Browser: Google Chrome
Here is how to transcribe system audio in real time
- Log in to your Colibri account in Chrome.
- Click + New meeting
- Select Online meeting
- Allow Colibri to use your microphone in the Chrome browser
- Add a meeting title and participants’ names to keep your transcripts organized. The participants' names will help Colibri to identify multiple speakers in the transcription after the meeting.
- Select a microphone that will be used to record your voice
💡 Tip: If you don’t want to record your voice, select Mute my mic. This can be useful for recording webinars or presentations that you join as a listener.
- Click Record
- Share audio from your entire screen by checking the Share audio box in the lower left corner of the popup.
☝️ Note: Colibri will access only your meeting audio. It can’t access or record your screen. Other meeting participants won’t see your screen either.
- Once you click the Share button, Colibri will start to record and transcribe your computer audio.
- The Colibri live transcription window will pop up automatically.
- If your browser blocks pop-ups, go to the Colibri tab in Chrome and click Live transcription.
- View live transcription and click the Highlight icon to automatically add the last transcribed phrase to your meeting summary.
💡 Tip: You may need to resize the windows to fit side by side on the screen.
- To stop recording, click Stop sharing in the bar at the bottom of your screen OR go to Colibri and click the Stop recording button.
- The transcript will then appear in your Colibri workspace where you’ll be able to edit, export, and share it with others.
Have more questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.