The Colibri app for Zoom allows you to transcribe your Zoom meetings in real time, capture key ideas and action items with one click, share meeting takeaways with teammates, and review your past calls - all without leaving Zoom.
In this article:
- Who can use the Colibri app for Zoom
- How to install Colibri for Zoom
- How to allow live streaming of your meetings
- How to use the Colibri app in Zoom
- How to automatically capture key points
- How to share live transcription with others
- How to find the transcript after the meeting
- How to uninstall the Colibri app
Available to: Zoom Pro, Business, and Enterprise accounts.
Accessible from: Zoom desktop client
Supported languages: English
Colibri App Installation
☝️ Note: If you already have a Colibri account, log in to Colibri in the browser.
- Update to the latest Zoom client at http://zoom.us/download.
- Click here to add the Colibri app to Zoom.
- You’ll be redirected to the browser, where you’ll need to Sign in to your Zoom account and authorize the Colibri app
- You’ll see a pop-up that will allow you to open Colibri in the Zoom Desktop App. Click Open zoom.us.
- The Colibri app will open in your Zoom desktop client. Note: For some accounts, users may need Admins to enable Zoom Apps in the account settings.
Important: To ensure the best Colibri transcription quality and experience, allow Live Streaming in the Zoom settings (instructions below).
Allow Live Streaming in Zoom Settings
To start using the Colibri app you need to allow live streaming of meetings to a custom live streaming service. It's a premium Zoom feature, so you can use it only with a paid Zoom plan.
☝️ Available to Zoom Pro, Business, Education, and Enterprise accounts
- Log in to your Zoom account in the browser
- Go to Settings
- Under In Meeting (Advanced), click the toggle next to Allow live streaming meetings
- Check the “Custom Live Streaming Service” option
- Click Save
How to use Colibri in Zoom
When you’re the host of the meeting
- Start a meeting in Zoom
- Click on the Apps button in the meeting toolbar and choose Colibri.
- Choose Colibri in the side panel
- Read about meeting recording compliance and accept the terms to continue
- To capture video, turn on the Record video option.
- Сlick Start transcription
- The live transcription of your conversation will appear in the side panel
8. To stop recording, click on the Stop button at the bottom of the Colibri panel.
☝️ Note: If you close the side panel during the meeting, Colibri will continue to record and transcribe the conversation in the background.
☝️ Note: If you can't allow Live Streaming in your Zoom settings, you can connect Colibri to the meeting using the Colibri Dial-In feature. Click Connect via phone and Colibri will dial in from the +1(559) 597-8611 phone number. Make sure you admit it from the waiting room.
Set the Colibri app to automatically open in all your Zoom meetings
If you want the Colibri app to automatically open in all your meetings:
- Open the Colibri app in Zoom
- Click the ... menu at the top right corner
- Click 'Auto-open in meetings'
Configure Colibri to automatically start recording all meetings you host
If you want to enable automatic recording of your meetings:
- Go to Settings > Integrations in your Colibri account
- Check the checkbox for Automatically start recording all the meetings I host
- Agree to the recording terms
- Colibri will automatically start recording all Zoom meetings you host.
When you're not the host of the meeting, you can invite Colibri to join the meeting using the Colibri Dial-In feature. Colibri will be able to record and transcribe the conversation only if the meeting host admits it from the waiting room. Here is how it works:
- Join a meeting
- Open the Colibri app
- Enter the Numeric Passcode of the meeting
💡 Tip: Click on the Meeting Info icon in the top-left corner of the Zoom meeting window to find out if the meeting requires a Passcode. If there is no Passcode in the Meeting Info, leave the passcode field blank and press Connect. If there are several Passcodes, copy the one that consists of numbers only.
4. Click Connect to add Colibri to the meeting. Colibri will dial in from phone number +1(559)597-8612.
5. Make sure that the meeting host admits it from the waiting room.
6. When Colibri joins the meeting via phone, all participants will hear an automated message: "Your call is being recorded by Colibri".
Highlights are a great way to capture key ideas and action items during the meeting without having to type or jot down notes.
There are two ways to highlight information:
When you hear something that you’d like to add to your highlights summary click the Highlighter icon and the most recent phrase will be highlighted in yellow.
Instead of clicking the Highlighter button, you can say “Colibri, highlight this” or “Colibri, take a note!”, and the previous phrase will be highlighted in yellow.
After the meeting, you can review all the highlighted moments in the Highlights tab.
Sharing live transcription
There are two ways to share the live transcription with other meeting participants:
Send the app in Zoom
Click on the Send app button in the top-right corner of the Meeting window to invite other meeting participants to install the Colibri App and see the live transcription of the meeting right in Zoom.
Send a sharable link
You can also share the live transcription with people outside of Colibri by sending them a sharable link. Copy the link by clicking on the Link button and then paste it to the Zoom chat, email, messenger, etc. Anyone with this link will be able to see live transcription in the browser.
Meeting participants who have the Colibri app installed will see the live transcription in the side panel. Meeting participants who don’t have the Colibri app will see it in the browser.
How to review past meetings
- Open Zoom
- Go to the Apps tab and select the Colibri app from My Apps
- Choose a meeting you want to review from the list. A transcript synced with audio will open right in Zoom.
- Go to the Highlights tab to review all highlighted moments.
How to uninstall the Colibri app for Zoom
- Log in to your Zoom Account and navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace
- Click Manage > Installed Apps
- Click Uninstall next to the Colibri App.
☝️ Note: If you want to retain access to your meeting transcripts in Colibri, check the box next to “Grant App developer consent to retain data?”. This way you’ll be able to access your transcripts by opening Colibri in the browser.
Have more questions? Contact us at email@example.com.