The Colibri.ai Chrome extension allows you to effortlessly record, transcribe, and summarize calls, virtual meetings, and any other audio from any web page. You can use the Colibri.ai Chrome extension with Google Meet, Whereby, YouTube, Outreach, Aircall, Zoom, and just about every other application that works in your browser.
Here is how to start recording and transcription
- First, navigate to the Chrome tab you want to record.
- Click on the Colibri Chrome extension icon, as shown below.
- Select a microphone source or turn off your microphone if you don’t want to record your voice.
- Go ahead and click Start recording.
- You can view live transcription and highlight key moments in the Colibri window.
- To stop the recording, click the Stop button at the bottom of the Colibri window.
Tip: To easily bring the Colibri window to the forefront, just click the Colibri Chrome extension icon and it will appear on top of other windows.
Start recording with one click: How to enable this feature
If you enable this feature, clicking the Colibri icon in the browser toolbar will immediately start recording your current tab and your default microphone.
To enable this feature switch on the toggle at the bottom of the Colibri Chrome Extension.
To disable this feature, please follow the instructions in this Help Center article.
Chrome Extension limitations
- You cannot record desktop apps with this Chrome Extension (but if you are on Windows, there is another way to do that).
- You cannot record video with this Chrome Extension.
- The Colibri Chrome extension is not compatible with other browsers such as Firefox or Safari.
- In real-time, Colibri Chrome Extension can recognize only your voice. Other participants or presenters will be tagged as ‘Speaker 2’. After the recording ends, you can use our Automatic Speaker Identification feature to assign speaker names in a few clicks.