You can use Colibri to get live transcription of online meetings, virtual events, streaming audio broadcasts, audio from YouTube, Facebook or any other website in the Chrome browser.
Browser: Google Chrome
Supported devices: Desktop & laptop computers (mobile devices are not supported)
Language: English (other languages are available to Colibri Business customers upon request)
Transcribing your online meetings in real time
- Join your meeting from the Chrome browser
- Log in to your Colibri account in Chrome
- Click + New meeting
- Select Online meeting from the list
- Allow Colibri to use your Microphone in the Chrome browser
- Add a meeting title and participants’ names to keep your transcripts organised. The participants' names will help Colibri to identify multiple speakers in the transcript after the meeting.
- Select a microphone that will be used to record your voice
💡 Tip: If you don’t want to record your voice, select Mute my mic. This can be useful for recording webinars or presentations that you join as a listener.
- Click Record
- Share the Chrome tab where your meeting is taking place
- Check the Share audio box.
☝️ Note: The pop-up looks like you're sharing your screen, but Colibri will access only your meeting audio. It can’t access or record your screen. Other meeting participants won’t see your screen either.
- Once you click the Share button, Colibri will start to record and transcribe your meeting in real time.
- The Colibri live transcription window will pop up automatically.
- If your browser blocks pop-ups, go to your Colibri account and click Live transcription.
- View live transcription and click the Highlight icon to highlight the last transcribed phrase and add it to your meeting summary.
💡 Tip: You may need to resize the windows to fit side by side on the screen.
- To stop recording, click Stop either in the Colibri tab or in the meeting tab.
- The transcript will then appear in your Colibri workspace where you’ll be able to edit, export, and share it with others.
Have more questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.